Providing a continuum of support from strategy through execution
BioSource solves problems that impact all aspects of biotech business and provide a continuum of services from strategy through execution.
In biotechnology enterprises, the science cannot be separate from the business, because the science IS the business. One cannot expect to effectively address a scientific or technical problem without understanding its impact on the marketing and financing of the business. Similarly, one cannot effectively deal with the business issues without recognizing its impact on the science.
We are a unique biotechnology consulting service that assists with strategy development but also implementation as well. Whatever the needs of the organization, from start-up through to commercialization we have the expertise to help. With over 35 years of biotechnology industry and start-up experience, we provide scientific, technical and business guidance to start-ups and growing biotechnology companies. This includes scientific development strategy, business model selection, company valuation, product development and technical problem-solving, clinical trial and regulatory assistance, market development, and fundraising and hiring strategies. We also provide practical advice to increase the monetary value of any type of transaction or negotiation, such as technology licenses, partnerships, alliances and acquisitions.
Our operational business model is to help our client-partners become successful rather than just give advice and leave. Our level of involvement is determined by the needs of, and in coordination with, our client-partner. In addition, BioSource may also consider serving in an interim CEO or Executive-in-Residence capacity to help build the organization to a firm foundation while assisting the company in recruiting a permanent CEO.
For established organizations, we perform market assessment and scientific development strategies that improve product adoption, and we develop management and leadership programs for improved workflow efficiencies and organizational culture. Organizations benefit from our cost-effective solutions because of our creative ability fit into any budget.
- Initial business concept and product idea strategy development
- Start-up assessment and suitability for early-stage investment
- Options to increase likelihood of funding
- Business Plan and PowerPoint Presentation assistance for fundraising activities
- Technical and scientific problem-solving
- Technical and strategic grant writing
- Due diligence for venture and angel investors
- Evaluation and recommendations in 5 major business and scientific risk categories
- Options for shortening product development, identification of hidden risk factors
- Product market evaluation and marketing assessment
- Corporate gap analysis for business, market and scientific risks
- Clinical trial management and strategy implementation
- Regulatory consultation and guidance (510(k), PMA, IND)
- Management consultation with an action plan for staffing and changes to improve productivity, efficiency and organization design
- Business model strategy development assistance
- Independent Board Director participation
- Scientific Advisory Board Member participation
Effective solutions require creativity, knowledge and direct experience in the situations encountered. This is what the BioSource brings to each of its partner-clients. We exist to help you succeed!